I was on a Skype call early this week with a few past participants who were wanting reassurances on what they have done with their goals for 2013 and whether they were on track with it The conversation was taped and this was the transcript that was sent to me yesterday…. Thought I would put this on open forum as it could be of help to some…. Check it out……
- Men / Women who have goals & plans dictate to others, while Men / Women, who have no goals or plans, are dictated to.
- Basic Natural Law of the Universe – “Anything you can think of and believe in, you can achieve.” / “Believing in the Key.” Therefore it’s imperative we build our Belief Factor.
- Quit thinking about the reasons why you “can’t” do something and think of all the reasons why you “can.”
- True success avoids extremes! It is a journey. It is a gradual process. In this journey of Up’s & Down’s, RELAX, HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY. Be surprised how fast the results are on hand.
- The three elements to success:
1 Direction – setting your sights on the things that are worthwhile in life and then establishing a plan to continuously work towards their fulfilment and accomplishment.
2 Balance – Keeping the proper perspective about every area of your life. Staying in harmony with nature’s law which produces perfect balance. Balance in all things brings about happiness.
3 Belief – No man / women will become successful, who does not possess belief. The greater his / her belief – the greater his / her degree of success. Successful Man / Women are believers.
- As Emerson has repeated mentioned, “A man is what he thinks about all day long”. Similarly, when we fervently believe, and act upon our belief with all our heart, the inevitable is just round the corner.
- The Law of Cause & Effect…. “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. “ Holds so true in Goal setting…. It is imperative for congruency to be at the helm of this process, in mind & action.
- “As you sow, so shall you reap?”
- Remember the paddy field story.(will be released in this blog shortly)
- Most of us try to change other people. To achieve our goals, we do not need to change others, instead, OTHERS CHANGE AS WE CHANGE OUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THEM, thus accelerating the process in achieving the goal.
- Only three percent, of all people have goals and plans and write them down. Interesting these three precent always drives the ninth seven percent, who end up being followers.
- Remember as we stubble through working on our goal, “Out of every adversity comes an equal or greater opportunity”, the next round the corner is what we should focus our thoughts and activity. – This never fails.
- It is better to aim your arrow at a Star and hit an Eagle, than to aim your arrow at an Eagle and hit a Stone.
- Two can accomplish more than twice as much as one, for the results can be much better. If one falls, the other pulls him up, but if a man falls when he is alone, he’s in trouble.
Closing true story on how goals were set by the then youngest president in 1960, President J F Kennedy. He with a few days of taking office addressed the nation, announcing the beginning of a Ten year space program designed to put a man on the moon. Mind you when this announcement was made there was no Apollo mission, NASA was at its infancy, and this young bold president boldly says, “we will put a man on the moon by the turn of the decade”…. that is within 10 years.
What and how did they do it? The process for the space program took shape as follows:
(1) A Goal was set.
(2) A Plan was made.
(3) A Firm Target was established.
(4) Group Thinking was employed.
(5) Everyone kept the Goal constantly in Mind.
(6) Action was applied.
(7) They fervently kept their Faith.
The Result – It was impossible for NASA to fail – Neil Armstrong landed on the moon on July 1969. The rest is history.
Now if the President of America & United States believes in Goal setting and in working out simple steps as detailed above, you & I can do the same.
Have fun as you dig through the process!!!!!!