A very Happy Morning…..
The launch of Ninth G 20 SUMMIT today in Brisbane, Australia, where heads of States will convene to set stage for World economic growth. Participating nations are most of the western block countries, including the EU, and Asian economies including India & China.
President Obama’s arrival in Brisbane yesterday meant he had time to address….. He took the opportunity to do so at Uni of Queensland (wink, wink, one of the institutions I studied).
Obama, in his address drove on some salient grass root points that nations are working towards change:
1. Climate change support for vulnerable community.
2. Help plant durable products
3. Help reduce carbon pollution and invest in clean energy.
4. Combat climate change collaboration between Youth and Government.
5. Stand up for Minorities, dignity of every human being. (I would love to see this tackled within the Indian community in India – I was talking to a top liver / kidney surgeon last night, whose plight – organ transplant are prevented between castes…. With a dying youth of sixteen, the medical fraternity had to exhaust its search for organ transplant elsewhere…. We are advance as a nation? With all our education and growth, our next shift in mindset should be in this area)
6. Fight against poverty
7. Freedom of religion and equal opportunity
The above is happening amidst very tight security…. Startling what goes on behind the scene when this many Heads of States are all pulled into one area for a talk… Yes, lot of comfortableness for the residents but the long term benefits hopefully would far out weigh the small short term discomfort, The corridor of security set aside for the dignitaries….. with the heart of the city, and again at the convention center in South Bank (a well sort recreation spot for the residents.
On You Brisbane
Obama, other past presidents and US. business have always used Australia as a base to test, so to speak their plans, to pivot from Australia their foreign Policies towards the Asia – Pacific region.
From these fundamentals, I am sure progressive effective policies will roll out for Nations to work towards a more safe, comfortable green, peaceful world for us and future generations to live.