Sunday is commonly referred to as the day of rest. For the Jewish and Christian Communities, it is a day of rest and devotion
Yes, a well-deserved day to rest, reorient, reflect and build up for the coming week ahead. It does not matter if the week was hectic or non-hectic week. What is essential is conditioning oneself into a regular pattern that Sunday is a day where YOU rest – This does not mean you do nothing…. If anything, you will be rolling out a few steps that will mentally equip you to be in that state of preparedness, Physically, Mentally and Spiritually for the coming week.
What is the rest we are talking about?
Just like an athlete, there has to be a wind-down limbering time over a set period during the week that the athlete will take it easy, but not sleep. Yes, he/she might do low-impact workouts such as Yoga or Pilates or simply walk….
Similarly, a rest on a Sunday calls for a few low-activity tasks, that one would do, rather than the usual high-drive daily routine that one usually goes through during the week.
If Rest. What would you do? Where would you spend your time effectively? Key areas to focus on, that would enhance one’s state of being, Spending time with
- Assessing where you, are with your track towards achieving your purpose
- Planning the forthcoming week
What would be Key areas to focus on and a few action steps that could enhance and enrich one’s Life?
Spend time reflecting on oneself. Your last week’s activities, what was your feeling about how you performed it? Give yourself a rating on a scale of 1 to 10 what and how did you feel you performed? How could you improve on those activities?
Select ONE activity that you would like further to improve. Think through that activity and come up with ideas that you feel could further enhance your performance. Following the idea, the generation goes through and generates the actions to work on to step up the performance in that area.
Constantly evaluate if what morning rituals you are doing are effective and of value to you.
Certain practices, ritual modalities and patterns for change that you do daily – review them as to how effective are they for you.
What change has it brought to you, if minimal then change the practice.. work on a practice that suits you and is effective in giving you the outcome you require. Flush out ineffective practices.
Uncertain how often you sit as a family and have a meal. Would suggest looking at sitting together with the family over breakfast or a cup of coffee and having a Sunday Family Meet –(SFM).
Sunday morn and have a family Breakfast meeting with the family. During breakfast or after breakfast each person plans for the week. Schedule your diary, and look at how each could empower the other or support with their work for the coming week. That way you will all be on the same page, and at the same time be supportive of one another. What better way to bond with the family?
You will also block your calendar for major Family events, kids’ activities spouses’ events etc hence ensuring you can attend everyone’s sessions and not miss anyone’s events.
Truly rationalise on building with empowering friends and letting go of toxic friends.
Assessing where you are with your track towards achieving your purpose
Once your purpose is intact. You would use that as the benchmark to proceed forward with your work. Always using the purpose as your measuring stick.
Planning the forthcoming week
These are scheduled commencing with the plans set out for and with your family. You do not miss one another’s an event and We all deserve it! But what sort of rest do you need?
Rest for your SELF? Rest for your family?
So we put together this simple guide with tips for making your day enjoyable.
1. You are the most important person today
-You will feel good about yourself and have more confidence in what you do
– You will feel better about yourself and be happier
– You will feel better about what you eat and be healthier
– You will sleep better and be more productive at work
– You will feel more energized and alert
2. Learn to Enjoy
– Family is not just blood-related. There are many people who are important to us.
– I know that many times we feel like we are not loved by our families because they don’t do enough to help us. It is not their fault; there are other things in life that are more important to them than us. The key is to try to let go of the guilt that comes with this.
– You don’t always have to do what they ask. Sometimes, you can ask them what they want and then go and do it for them without even asking.
– Be happy with yourself no matter how much you do
3. Learn to Take
– Learn to take compliments and accept them!
– Accepting a compliment can be hard, especially when it comes from someone you don’t like
– But there are times when accepting a compliment is important, especially if you are trying to do something special for someone else.
4. Nourish to Flourish
How many of you spend quality time with your family on Sundays?
– be kind to each other, love each other, listen to each other
– talk about how much you love each other and how great things are
– tell your partner what they mean to you and how much you appreciate them
– let them know that you see them and how important they are to you
– ask them what makes them happy and tell them so you can do the same for them
– give them compliments
If you want to be happy, you have to take care of yourself first. If you do not do that, it will be impossible for you to give love to others.
Use your Sundays wisely!
You are the most important person Today
Learn to Enjoy You.
Learn to Take.
Nourish to Flourish
Self-Care is not an Expense, It’s an investment. Do not be Guilty