2013 is round the corner. Many have set the plans for 2103. Some are still thinking and wondering, I have done that in the past, and where has it taken me….
To all your questions / doubts, I would sincerely suggest you revisit and list your 2013 resolutions. Some might find it had to start. To help here is a starting point….
I shall later this week follow this article with another on the process of what needs to be done…Until then have a great time enjoying the festival season and just send some time on yourself… reflecting… silence is amazing.
Cheers David Nair
- Pay it forward
Today I am taking the liberty to cut down the list to 25 most effective points. Make your choice and prepare for the resolution 2013
Self development: Self development: Self development: Self development:
- Slim down your waist by 2 inches – 0.5 inches a quarter
- Join a video making class.
- Make your voice heard in by taking up community initiatives – write to local newspapers or become an active member of your community
- Buy a good notebook and write in your daily journal
- Read one book a month.
- Develop your creative streak, practice exercises from “The beautiful mind” by De Bono
Family: Family: Family: Family: Family
- Switch off the TV and spend an hour a week of quiet time with your family playing a game.
- Create a video of your family activities.
- Set mutually agreeable goals for every family member and jointly measure progress every week.
- Together, learn a foreign language at home, alternate as a student and teacher.
- Proactive impromptu speaking (Table Topics) with your kids.
- Build a new network of seven families.
Profession: Profession: Profession: Profession: Profession: Profession:
- Network more and create 1000 new professional connections in the year 2013
- Subscribe to one magazine on STRATEGY.
- Create a secondary profile – become a Consultant, Advisor, Trainer or an Author.
- Cross connect with employees from your top five business competitors – organization and become their trust advisors and adversaries.
- Download a professional podcast or YouTube educational programs and listen to them when travelling.
Pay it forward: Pay it forward: Pay it forward: Pay it forward:
- Teach professional skills to blue collar workers – Computer skills, management skills, leadership skills, public speaking skills.
- Spend an hour a month with less privileged kids.
- Help four people get a job.
- Create a team of ten people to help less privileged people.
Financials: Financials: Financials: Financials: Financials: Financials:
- Save 10% more.
- Invest 5% more.
- Identify four businesses that will pay for your expertise.
- Learn to think like an entrepreneur by focusing on results.
Life is about better planning and a better life is about executing better plans in time.
RECREATE YOURSELF in the year 2013.